Calistoga is a small city in California’s Napa Valley known for its hot springs, mud baths, and beautiful wineries. Calistoga is filled with a rich history, art, and breathtaking scenery. That’s why this small town is a perfect travel destination all year round! No matter what time you choose to visit this unique region, there are countless things to do. We have created a guide to help you experience this town at its best.
Where to Stay in Calistoga
There are many beautiful hotels and resorts throughout Calistoga. We have selected a few of our favorite places to stay below. Although every hotel is unique, all of them provide an amazing experience.
- Solage: This is a beautiful hotel resort in Calistoga. They offer suites and studio rooms to accommodate your needs. They also have a wonderful dining experience at Solbar and an award-winning 20,000-square-foot spa. The spa showcases the renowned Calistoga mud and mineral water therapies that allow you to relax and detox.
- Calistoga Ranch: This is a beautiful resort tucked into a private canyon in Calistoga. The private luxury bedroom lodges have expansive decks, outdoor fireplaces, and spas. This is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing getaway with a beautiful view of the vineyards and the Calistoga forest.
- The Francis House: This is one of Calistoga’s newest luxury inns. The Francis House has a contemporary French design and National Register of Historic Places status. There are five distinctive guest rooms in the heart of downtown. This unique hotel has countless amenities, including breakfast, a swimming pool, infrared sauna + salt room, and a library.
- Motor Lodge + Spa: This hotel has a classic boutique design and is filled with fun amenities. They have a beautiful and trendy spa and baths where you can soak. They also offer a variety of fun games in their outdoor area, such as bocce ball, cornhole, and traditional board games. The best part of all is that you can bring your pets along on your travels at the Motor Lodge and Spa.
- Indian Springs: Experience a modern bohemian retreat at this beautiful Calistoga hotel. With an eclectic collection of historic cottages, bungalows, and mission revival-style buildings spread out across 17 acres, every room is unique and has beautiful views of their outdoor spaces.
- Embrace Calistoga: For a truly unique experience, we recommend Embrace Calistoga—a local establishment built-in 1973 that prides itself on reinventing the bed and breakfast experience. Here, you can relax and enjoy the old charm and grace paired with the new style. As the website boasts, Embrace blends “old world luxury and 21st-century amenities and technology.”
Things to Do in Calistoga
There are many activities available for Calistoga visitors. Whether you’re going on a romantic getaway, a girl's trip, or a vacation with friends, Calistoga is a great place to spend time with your loved ones. We have made a list of the must-do activities to make your visit to Calistoga unforgettable.
- Wine Tasting: If visiting wineries is the first thing on your itinerary, there are countless wineries and vineyards to visit in Calistoga. Some of our favorites include Constant Diamond Mountain Vineyard, Jericho Canyon, The Vineyardist, Carter, and Chateau Montelena. To experience a unique wine tasting experience at a wine bar, visit the Tank Garage Winery. This wine bar was built in an old gas station and has a unique aesthetic. We also invite you to visit us at Theorem for an unparalleled wine tasting experience and tour of our winery.
- Calistoga Shopping: There’s nothing like spending an evening with some retail therapy at the charming boutiques in downtown Calistoga. This stretch of trendy stores includes beautiful pottery, vintage gems, and unique stationery.
- Dining: You'll also want to explore the different restaurants during your visit to Calistoga. Some of our favorite dining places are Lovina, Solbar, and The Pickled Pig by Napa Valley Heritage Catering. Lovina has delicious food prepared with ingredients locally sourced. They also have a charming garden patio that is perfect for an intimate brunch or dinner with friends and family. Solbar is a local favorite that is perfect restaurant to enjoy craft cocktails and leisurely dinners along a 20-foot fire pit. The Pickled Pig is a farm-inspired restaurant that serves delicious housemade sandwiches and more.
- Calistoga Hot Air Balloons: If you are looking for adventure, you might try an air balloon adventure. This hot air balloon ride provides flights in Calistoga—overlooking the rural nature of St. Helena, the tallest mountains in the valley, the Palisade Cliffs, among many other breathtaking sights.
- Visit Art Galleries: Calistoga is also filled with unique galleries that celebrate a variety of arts and expositions. If you love to admire art and creative spaces, visiting Calistoga’s art galleries are a must. A few popular art galleries include Ca’toga and Vista Villa.
- Hiking: Hiking in Calistoga is a great way to embrace nature and start your day. There are beautiful trails near Calistoga, including Bothe-Napa Valley State Park and Oat Hill Mine Trail. Table Rock is another great hike and gives you a great view of Calistoga and Santa Rosa. On a clear day with a pair of binoculars, you can even see the ocean.
Visit Theorem Vineyards Today!
While you’re exploring the wonders of Calistoga, we invite you to join us at Theorem Vineyards for a tour and an unparalleled wine tasting experience. Our vineyard is tucked up on the northern side of Diamond Mountain, and our winery is secluded, intimate, and breathtakingly beautiful. Theorem’s estate vineyard spans 60 acres with 20 planted acres of hillside land on the northern slope of the mountain. Our vineyards are divided into six blocks of planted Cabernet Sauvignon and one block of Merlot. We invite you to visit our winery to experience the wonders of Theorem Vineyards and to taste our delicious ultra-premium wines on a one-of-a-kind tour.
Contact us at (707) 942-4254 to schedule your tour and wine tasting experience at Theorem Vineyards!